Parent Engagement Person
Family Foundations Early Head Start (FF) within Community Human Services (CHS) is looking for a Parent Engagement Person (PEP) to build relationships with children and families in low-income neighborhoods within the city of Pittsburgh and surrounding areas. The Parent Engagement Person recruits and maintains enrollment and a waiting list for all sites. The Parent Engagement Person collaborates and builds relationships with community agencies in recruiting families. The ideal candidate will have experience recruiting and will demonstrate a positive role in connecting with families in the community. Full time employment benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Generous PTO and Holidays. Life insurance/STD/LTD, and 401(k).
- Recruiting families for all sites to ensure full enrollment and waiting list
- Collaborating with site team to design and implement strategies to support compliance with EHS performance standards.
- Support efforts/incentives that promote community collaboration
- Collaborate with agencies in recruiting families
- Support parents in activities and engagement in all aspects of the entire program
- Prepare and make arrangements for parent meetings and policy council meetings
- Associates Degree in human service or related field and 3 years’ experience recruiting, enrolling, and working with families and communities.
- Must possess ability to express sensitivity and respect to families while maintaining personal boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple job responsibilities efficiently and effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Must have driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Agency approval of Act 33 and 34 Criminal Clearance, FBI and Megan’s Law reports