WSC Consumer Liaison
The Consumer Liaison will create and maintain administrative support systems for the WSC staff and the Residential Program Director. Examples of duties include maintaining computerized records, files, and data bases, writing correspondence, serving as the point person for special projects, compiling information, maintaining files, ensuring office supplies are available, creating and maintaining schedules, and logging rental payments. The Consumer Liaison also directs the flow of traffic in the office, maintaining the service log, and ensuring consumers are connected with staff.
This position is located at Wood Street Commons where the WSC Residential programs provide housing and supportive services for people who are homeless. The job will be full time with benefits (Health/Dental/Vision/Life/LTD/STD/Generous PTO/Holidays/401K). Hours in the position are flexible and may include evenings, weekends and holidays. The following qualifications and skills are required.
1. Complete CIPS, Jail Collaborative, and HMIS reporting for Allegheny County DHS within specified time frames. This includes entering consumers into the system and end dating those who leave the programs. Changing contacts as appropriate with staffing changes.
2. Complete monthly data reports.
3. Complete monthly rent log.
4. Produce and distribute monthly calendars for WSC staff and events.
5. Assist staff with maintaining paper records for client and program information.
6. Regularly assess office supplies and equipment and prepare requests/orders for items needed.
7. Provide support to the Director in making phone calls and writing letters.
8. Complete clerical tasks such as computer tasks, copying, and filing.
9. Computerize and maintain all relevant data in CHS data system.
10. Schedule space for all in-house activities and schedule vans as needed.
11. Assist the team with consumer services and flow in the Residential office.
12. Assist the team in opening and supervising the computer lab.
13. File consumer documentation in electronic and paper forms.
14. Make the three month follow-up call to consumers after exiting the program.
15. Know and follow HIPAA Policies and Procedures.
1. Experience and education related to computers including Word, Excel and Publisher and office systems management.
2. The ability to work in a non – traditional setting serving diverse consumers with complex needs.
3. The ability to work with the Residential Program Director, the WSC team and WSC management efficiently and respectfully.
4. The ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal contexts.
5. Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple job responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
6. The ability to be organized and attend to detailed work.
7. Demonstrated understanding of database management principles.
8. The ability to work autonomously and with creativity.
9. Must be physically able to climb stairs, bend freely, and be able to travel to other sites as needed.
10. Must exhibit the core values of CHS (Respect, Relevance, Quality, and Advocacy) in daily work and interactions.